Rondleidingen zijn over het algemeen beschikbaar op werkdagen van 10.00 uur tot 15.00 uur en zijn gratis.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The capitol building is a must-visit for history and architecture buffs.
- Individual walk-ins are welcome on historic tours but groups must book in advance.
- Reservations are required for student legislative tours (offered late August through early May.)
- There is a cafeteria in the building’s basement and souvenirs can be purchased on the first floor.
How to Get There
The Colorado State Capitol sits at the east end of Civic Center Park on the edge of downtown Denver. If you are coming from outside the city you can reach the building by car, bus, or light rail. The nearest light rail station is the Civic Center Station, located one block from the capitol. The building is also within walking or biking distance of much of downtown Denver.
When to Get There
The capitol building is open to the public year round from 7:30am–5pm Monday through Friday and closed on the weekends and most government holidays. To join a free historic tour, visit from 10am–3pm, Monday through Friday. Tours begin every hour.
Mr. Brown’s Attic at the Colorado State Capitol Tucked between the third floor and the dome, Mr. Brown’s Attic is a museum dedicated to Colorado history, the legislative process, and the story of the capitol’s construction. Interactive exhibits entertain and educate kids in a children specific area. The museum is dedicated to Henry C. Brown who donated the land where the capitol building sits. Tours to the attic also include access to the dome’s observation area via a 99-step climb.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Colorado
- Bezienswaardigheden in Fort Collins
- Bezienswaardigheden in Breckenridge
- Bezienswaardigheden in Colorado Springs
- Bezienswaardigheden in Vail
- Bezienswaardigheden in Aspen
- Bezienswaardigheden in Albuquerque
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sedona & Flagstaff
- Bezienswaardigheden in Phoenix
- Bezienswaardigheden in Las Vegas
- Bezienswaardigheden in Utah
- Bezienswaardigheden in New Mexico
- Bezienswaardigheden in Monument Valley
- Bezienswaardigheden in Arizona
- Bezienswaardigheden in Missouri