This modern complex is a cultural hub offering something for everyone. Beyond its numerous restaurants and entertainment options, LA Live is home to the Crypto.com Arena—where La's professional hockey and basketball franchises play—and the Los Angeles Convention Center, a West Coast destination for trade shows and conventions. You can learn about music history at the GRAMMY Museum, go salsa dancing at the Conga Room, or bowl with your besties at Lucky Strike.
Things to know before you go
- Movie fanatics should catch a film: LA Live features the first 4DX sensory theater in the US.
- Book tickets in advance for popular events, since sports rivalries and chart-topping performers may draw crowds.
- Check for deals before you arrive—you can find discounted happy hour drinks, weekly movie specials, and hotel packages.
- You can visit even if you're not staying in LA; most tour operators include pickup in Anaheim.
How to get there
The most convenient way to reach LA Live is to drive. Find the complex just a stone's throw from the Interstate 110/Interstate 10 interchange, next to the Crypto.com Arena. You can park at the on-site garages. If you don't have a car, you can easily book a private tour or swing by on a hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour, since most include stops in Downtown Los Angeles.
When to get there
There's really no bad time to visit LA Live. Visit during basketball season—from late October to mid-April—to catch a game. Three professional basketball teams play here: the Los Angeles Sparks, Los Angeles Clippers, and Los Angeles Lakers. Otherwise, check the calendar for concerts and conventions, which are held throughout the year. For the best deal on parking, plan to visit for lunch—weekday parking is free if you're dining on site.
How to See More of LA in Less Time
Los Angeles is nothing if not sprawling, and to see more of the city in less time you really need to explore by car or on a guided tour. Private tours and small-group excursions are the best way to pack in the sights—since citywide tours typically include everything from the Santa Monica Pier to the Hollywood Sign—and your driver should know how to handle LA’s infamous traffic, which is no small feat.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Californië
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Monica
- Bezienswaardigheden in Long Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Anaheim en Buena Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Barbara
- Bezienswaardigheden in La Jolla
- Bezienswaardigheden in Palm Springs
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Diego
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pismo Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Luis Obispo
- Bezienswaardigheden in Paso Robles
- Bezienswaardigheden in Las Vegas
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sausalito
- Bezienswaardigheden in Nevada
- Bezienswaardigheden in Arizona
- Grammy Museum
- Staples Center
- Congrescentrum van Los Angeles (LACC)
- Historische kern
- LA Fashion District
- Los Angeles Broadway Theater District
- OUE Skyspace Los Angeles
- Angels Flight Railway
- Museum voor moderne kunst (MOCA Grand Avenue)
- Walt Disney®-concertzaal
- Dorothy Chandler-paviljoen
- Orpheum Theater
- Japanese American National Museum
- Union Station