With a prime location in the Fairfax District of LA, the Farmers Market is easy to visit during a day of sightseeing or shopping. Nearby attractions include the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, La Brea Tar Pits, Canter’s restaurant and deli, Melrose Avenue, and the Grove outdoor mall just next door. Several city tours include a stop at the market for lunch or free time, or you can opt for a walking tour for a more in-depth experience. Some hop-on hop-off tours have a stop at the market.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The shops and patios are wheelchair accessible; wheelchairs are available for use from the market office.
- An electric trolley runs between the Farmers Market and the Grove.
- The market is free to enter.
- Paid parking lots are available, with limited free validation if you make a purchase from a merchant or grocer.
How to Get There
The market sits at the corner of 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue. By city bus or the DASH Fairfax, get off at the Fairfax/3rd or 3rd/Ogden stop.
When to Get There
The market is open every day from morning to late evening, with shorter hours on Sunday. Some shops and stalls may have their own hours. Popular events include Friday Night Music in the summer and the annual Gilmore Heritage Auto Show.
Unless you’re short on time, head over to the Grove before or after your trip to the Farmers Market. The open-air shopping and entertainment complex is home to upscale chains and designer stores, a variety of restaurants, movie theater, historic double-decker trolley, and a dancing fountain.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Californië
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Monica
- Bezienswaardigheden in Long Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Anaheim en Buena Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Barbara
- Bezienswaardigheden in La Jolla
- Bezienswaardigheden in Palm Springs
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Diego
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pismo Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Luis Obispo
- Bezienswaardigheden in Paso Robles
- Bezienswaardigheden in Las Vegas
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sausalito
- Bezienswaardigheden in Nevada
- Bezienswaardigheden in Arizona