Inside the museum, 300 exhibits are spread across two floors and 15 galleries. When the Hollywood landmark was overhauled in 2012, some of the most gruesome exhibits were removed to make the experience more family-friendly. You’ll still find plenty of oddities here, though. Highlights include a vampire-killing kit, interactive musical stairs, Marilyn Monroe memorabilia, and a moving automaton of the world’s tallest man.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Great for travelers with kids. Hands-on exhibits ensure there’s plenty to play with.
- Bring a camera. The museum has some great photo opportunities, though video is not allowed.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible and ADA compliant.
How to Get There
Located at 6780 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, the museum is walking distance from some of the city’s top attractions. If you’re coming by car, parking is available at the Hollywood and Highland Center across the street. A nearby bus stop, located just around the corner on N Highland Avenue, has service from the 222, 237, and 656 lines. The closest metro station is Hollywood and Vine, which is 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) away.
When to Get There
The museum is open daily, with late hours that attract the going-out crowd. Most visitors spend between one and two hours exploring the exhibits. If you visit at night, take the time to explore a few blocks of Hollywood Boulevard, too. After dark, the Walk of Stars is lit with multi-colored neon.
Attractions Near Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum Some of Hollywood’s most iconic sites are a short distance from the museum. Just across the street is the Hollywood Wax Museum, with lifelike casts of Hollywood stars. Head west along Hollywood Boulevard and you’ll find Madame Tussaud’s and the TCL Chinese Theater, a historic site that’s popular for red-carpet movie premieres.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Californië
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Monica
- Bezienswaardigheden in Long Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Anaheim en Buena Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Barbara
- Bezienswaardigheden in La Jolla
- Bezienswaardigheden in Palm Springs
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Diego
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pismo Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Luis Obispo
- Bezienswaardigheden in Paso Robles
- Bezienswaardigheden in Las Vegas
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sausalito
- Bezienswaardigheden in Nevada
- Bezienswaardigheden in Arizona
- Hollywood Museum
- Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- Hollywood wassenbeeldenmuseum Los Angeles
- Hollywood en Highland
- El Capitan Theater
- Dolby Theater
- Egyptisch theater
- Hard Rock Café Hollywood
- TCL Chinees theater
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood
- Het magische kasteel
- Runyon Canyon Park
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Capitol Records Building