The museum is located at Fisherman’s Wharf, the city’s main tourist district, so it’s easy to visit during a day of sightseeing. Avoid waiting in the ticket line by purchasing admission in advance, or enhance your visit with a combo tour that includes another San Francisco experience such as Alcatraz or Muir Woods. If you plan to visit more than one local attraction during your trip, opt for a sightseeing pass to save time and money on admission. In addition to internationally known celebrities, Madame Tussauds San Francisco is home to a section called The Spirit of San Francisco, which celebrates local artists, politicians, and activists such as Jerry Garcia and Harvey Milk, who have played a role in the city’s history.
Things to know before you go
- Madame Tussauds is wheelchair accessible with an elevator and trained staff to assist those with disabilities.
- Parking can be difficult and expensive around Fisherman’s Wharf, so it’s recommended that you walk or take public transit.
- Madame Tussauds also features an Escape Room, which can be booked separately; buy tickets online or in person (first come, first served).
How to get there
Madame Tussauds is located on Jefferson Street between Mason and Taylor streets in the Fisherman’s Wharf district. You can get there on the F light rail line or the Powell–Hyde cable car.
When to get there
The museum is open afternoons, Thursday through Monday. Check the site opening times before you visit as they may change in peak season.
Madame Tussauds sits just off the northern end of San Francisco’s Embarcadero, which is both the waterfront and a major road running along the eastern edge of the city. With its wide sidewalk, it’s a great place for a walk, taking you past attractions including the Pier 39 sea lions, the Alcatraz ferry landing, the Exploratorium, and the Ferry Building Marketplace.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Californië
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sausalito
- Bezienswaardigheden in Napa en Sonoma
- Bezienswaardigheden in Yosemite National Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in Paso Robles
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Luis Obispo
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pismo Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Barbara
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Monica
- Bezienswaardigheden in Los Angeles
- Bezienswaardigheden in Long Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Anaheim en Buena Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in La Jolla
- Bezienswaardigheden in Nevada
- Bezienswaardigheden in Oregon
- San Francisco Dungeon
- Fisherman's Wharf
- De conservenfabriek
- USS Pampanito
- Angel Island State Park
- Pier 39
- Aquarium van de baai
- Maritiem Nationaal Historisch Park van San Francisco
- Hyde Street Pier
- Cartoon Art Museum
- SS Jeremiah O'Brien
- Cruisehaven van San Francisco bij Pier 35
- Lombard Street
- Saints Peter en Paul Church