Known for greeting his guests at the door and encouraging audience participation, Jay Alexander prides himself on providing a comfortable and friendly atmosphere at the Marrakech Magic Theater. When you arrive, you’ll head first to the Oasis Lounge to purchase a drink or Moroccan-inspired hors d’oeuvres, if you wish. Then take your seat to enjoy the show.
Things to know before you go
- A full bar is available including wine, Champagne, beer, and cocktails.
- Soda, mint tea, and Arabic coffee are also available.
- Business casual or festive attire is preferred.
- Pictures are allowed but video is prohibited.
- The old building that houses the theater is not ADA-compliant, but there is an elevator and the staff does everything possible to accommodate those with disabilities.
How to get there
The theater is on O’Farrell Street between Jones and Taylor streets, within walking distance of the Tenderloin, Nob Hill, and Union Square neighborhoods. Several MUNI bus lines stop nearby; the #38 and #27 are the closest. The Powell Street BART station is about four blocks away.
When to get there
Showtimes may vary, but there are typically two evening shows on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and one evening show on Sundays. The doors open one hour before showtime for drinks and appetizers; go early for the chance to enjoy some sleight-of-hand or other close-up magic.
Before or after the show, head to one of San Francisco’s most historic and elegant bars for a drink. The Redwood Room inside the Clift Hotel, just a block from the theater on Geary Street, dates back to the 1930s and features redwood paneling, a redwood bar, and furniture designed by Philippe Starck.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Californië
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sausalito
- Bezienswaardigheden in Napa en Sonoma
- Bezienswaardigheden in Yosemite National Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in Paso Robles
- Bezienswaardigheden in San Luis Obispo
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pismo Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Barbara
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santa Monica
- Bezienswaardigheden in Los Angeles
- Bezienswaardigheden in Long Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Anaheim en Buena Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in La Jolla
- Bezienswaardigheden in Nevada
- Bezienswaardigheden in Oregon
- San Francisco Playhouse
- Barbary Coast Trail
- Union Square
- Huntington Park
- Ocean Beach San Francisco
- Nob Hill
- Grace Cathedral
- Hedendaags Joods Museum
- Aziatisch kunstmuseum
- Yerba Buena-tuinen
- Civic Center
- California Historical Society
- Creativiteitsmuseum voor kinderen
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA)